Re: BUFR info

>To: russ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Espeland Hal B Contr SMC/CWD <Hal.Espeland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: 20000815: nic.fb4.noaa.gov access

Hi Hal,

> Russ, hate to bother you again but I am interested in BUFR rather
> than GRIB (just a small potatoes guy...).. Are any of the BUFR
> tables online and are there any available shareware versions of BUFR
> decoders that you are aware of? I did find a 'Guide to FM-94
> BUFR'(Dr Stackpole was quite the writer..) but that was current to
> version 2 and I am seeing version 3 data in the FTP servers. Any
> reference would help. Thanks again.

As far as I can determine, the most recent edition is FM 94 BUFR,
which is edition 2, as documented in

from the Office of the Federal Coordinator for Meteorology, see the
Publications link at

If there is an edition 3 and you find a reference to where it is
documented, I'd like to know about it too.

All the NWS decoders I know about can be accessed from

but unfortunately, no BUFR decoders are included yet.