Re: perl read example (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 03:57:24 GMT
From: Donald Britton <address@hidden>
To: Gary Hodges <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: perl read example

Gary,

Please find attached a small perl script that reads the most recent
lightning file from AWIPS and determines whether lightning has struck
within 60NM. This program really only functions as a demo. A slightly
more involved version creates a cccWRKLTG file if lightning has
occurred within 60NM.

I have netcdf programs that extract data from other netcdf files such
as METAR observations, the ETA model, and XClimate files. I've also
written a perl version of ncdump that can serve as a sort of template
for reading netcdf files. If you (or anyone else) wants these files,
I'll happily make them available. One of these days I will place them
on the AWIPS Local Applications Development page.

Don Britton
WFO Great Falls, MT