Re: nic.fb4.noaa.gov access

>To: address@hidden
>From: Espeland Hal B Contr SMC/CWD <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20000815: nic.fb4.noaa.gov access

Hi Hal,

> Do you know if this site is still active? I have been trying to get
> Stackpole's description of NCEP decoders, etc and download the NCEP
> universal DECODER. I get a TCP-ERROR with various causes. Any
> insight we be appreciated. Thanks

No, I'm not sure how the nic.fb4.noaa.gov site is organized, and I was
unable to access it when I just now tried.  But there is an NCEP GRIB
decoder named "wgrib" available here:

  http://wesley.wwb.noaa.gov/wgrib.html

The "Stackpole GRIB documents" (since John Stackpole retired, I'm not
sure they are still referred to that way) are available in PDF and
WordPerfect formats from here:

  ftp://ftp.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/nws/nmc/docs/gribed1/

--Russ