Re: 19991006: decoders software

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Unidata Support wrote:

> [...]

Andy,

The buoy2nc decodes ship/buoy reports and then writes them out to netCDF
files, if the -v option is used then it writes the decoded information to
the log file also.  If one doesn't want to use the netCDF output, then one
could comment out all references to netCDF. Likewise, the metar2nc
decodes the metar reports in the same manner.  The input to the decoders
is the WMO format from an NWS stream

and if so, what role does the NetCDF play?  Thanks for your help.

NetCDF (network Common Data Form) is an interface for array-oriented data
access
and a library that provides an implementation of the interface. The netCDF
library also
defines a machine-independent format for representing scientific data.
Together, the
interface, library, and format support the creation, access, and sharing
of scientific data.

Detail info at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/index.html

Currently, I'm working on a new release for all Y2K type bugs and some bug
fixes.

Robb...