Re: Re[8]: 19990120: Help with decoders!

On 2 Feb 1999, Jason Burks wrote:

>      Robb,
>      I have found out a little more about the NOGAPS it is on the 240 grid.
>      Now what do I have to modify to make gribdump to recognize the new
>      grid? The files I have noticed that I think I have to change are

Jason,

Here's the changes I would make, I'll probably miss some changes so you
will have to use the debugger.

In gbytem.c, under case FNOC add, with ? the size of the grid in bytes:

case  240: return full_gbytem(?);

>      models.h, add:

#define MODEL_240  ...

statement.

      models.c

A new switch statement needs to be added for CENTER_FNOC. ie

    case CENTER_FNOC:
        switch(model) {         /* does anyone know names for these? */
        case MODEL_240:
            return "description here";
        default:
             return "unknown FNOC model";

gdes.c (maybe a new subroutine fnoc_240() to describe needed
>      parameters, nx=,ny=, la1=, dx=,etc).

Yes, add under case CENTER_FNOC: after 223 ....

case  240: return fnoc_240();

Then create procedure fnoc_240 using one of the other models as a
template. You will have to look at the 240 structure and the gdes.h file
for this part.

This is going to a trial and error method of building a completely new
grid. Be patience, it's not simple because of the numerous possibilities.
The ruc2.cdl file took me 5 days to complete and I had experience building
complex cdls.  After you complete this, could I have the changes to enter
into the code in case some one else wants a FNOC model?

Good luck

Thanks,
Robb...

I just need some help here and