NEXRAD Level II Maintenance Notification - Today September 7th, 2016

Radar Operations Center and OPSnet engineering continue to troubleshoot the ROC latency issue.  Current TDS latency is near 1.8 seconds for the last 24 hours  (ROC Latency is about 38 minutes)

We are rolling the AGGREGATE function to the ROC Cluster.  Historically the Silver Spring cluster shows .5 seconds latency when acting as the alternate path.  The NL2 system has operated that way for weeks in the past.  We will use this configuration as an opportunity to monitor the Norman/Silver Spring link data flow in the opposite direction to determine it's behavior.

The NL2 user community pulling from BOTH data sources should notice the transition, but it will quickly catch back up.  The Silver Spring path acting as the "Alternate path" will show about .5 seconds latency behind the ROC.  (Opposite of "Normal" Operations.)

It is our intention to leave this configuration for about a week to see if the latency issue manifests itself on the Silver Spring end.

From the USER perspective, the ROC "Primary Path" should continue to provide the performance you currently experience.

Please be aware we continue to monitor the data stream.

Thank you for your patience as we investigate this issue.
*Donald J. Horvat               *  ____                              *
*                               * /    \     _____     _______  _____*
*Sr. Systems Engineer           *(      )   / ___  )  / ___  / / ___/*
* Support Contractor            * \____/   / /__/ /  / /  / / / /    *
*WSR-88D Radar Operations Center*  |\/|   / ___  <  / /  / / / /     *
*                               *  |/\|  / /   / / / /__/ / / /___   *
*1313 Halley Circle             *  |\/| /_/   /_/ /______/ /_____/   *
*Norman, OK 73069               *  |/\|                              *
*                               *   WSR-88D RADAR OPERATIONS CENTER  *
*Phone: (405) 573-3418          * e-mail: address@hidden   *
*FAX:   (405) 573-3340          *                                    *
begin:vcard
fn:Donald J Horvat
n:Horvat;Donald
org:Radar Operations Center;Systems Engineering Group
adr:;;1313 Halley Circle;Norman;OK;73069;USA
email;internet:address@hidden
title:Senior Systems Engineer
tel;work:405-573-3418
url:www.roc.noaa.gov