[Datastream #SLX-828709]: Missing

Hi Joao,

re:
> We've noticed that no data for both GOES-East and GOES-West were
> available during the last 3 days.

The machine room in which our GOES ingest machines are housed was
shutdown starting at 6 am MST on Saturday, November 8 so that the
UPS that handled the room could be replaced.  The machines in the
room remained off until about 10:30 am MST yesterday, November 10.
Even though GOES ingest resumed as soon as the machines were powered
on, remote access to the data was not available until some some of
the boards in a new Cisco router that came up dead were replaced.
Reliable access to the real-time GOES data returned by about 2 pm
yesterday.

re:
> As there have been gaps in the data availability with some frequency,
> but for shorter periods,

Please keep in mind that our satellite ingest is not operational.  We
make a best effort to keep thing working, but since there is no full
redundancy, services can and occasionally do go out.

re:
> I wonder, if possible, the reason of the failure.

Please see the explanation above.

re:
> Also I wonder if is there some warning service by email, or where can I
> check so I can be aware of new faults that may happen.

We announced the outage to all relevant email lists that we maintain:

address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden
address@hidden

If you are not subscribed to any of these lists, you would not have gotten
notified before the outage.

You can (un)subscribe to any of the email lists we maintain online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

The 'show mailing list actions' link under each email list has
the link for subscribing to the list.

Ticket ID: SLX-828709
Department: Support Datastream