[Datastream #HPZ-184182]: Motherloade Down

Hi Gary,

re:
> While trying to research some of the latest tornadic storms associated
> with last night’s severe weather it was noted that
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/ is no longer in service.

motherlode experienced a hardware problem and went off line yesterday afternoon.
The services that it provides should have returned fully by 2:40 am MDT.

re:
> Please
> bring this service back to life as it is crucial to post storm analysis.

We always work to keep services running and act as quickly as possible
to restore those that become unavailable for any reason.

Please be aware that we operate two other "motherlode" class machines:

atm.ucar.edu
unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu  (aka adde.ssec.wisc.edu, idd.ssec.wisc.edu)

In the event of service outage on motherlode in the future, you should
take advantage of one/both or these other machines so your analyses
will be impacted as little as possible.

NB: We are _not_ an operational shop, so there is no guarantee that
the data services that we operate will be available 24/7.  (Our
availability is, however, greater than 99.99%.)

Ticket ID: HPZ-184182
Department: Support Datastream