Re: data question

Ruben,

I'll have to look into this on Wednesday.

-- Leon

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Behnke, Ruben <address@hidden> wrote:
Leon,

   Starting in 2005, there about 1200 hourly mesonet files (attached list) that have their station names, station providers, and/or their station types in the netcdf files using escape characters - '\x'.  Is this supposed to be this way?  It is very difficult to use the data when it comes like this and now I have to figure out how to actually get the station name, etc. from these files.  Once again, I don't know exactly how many files are like this or exactly how many variables either, but just letting you know.

Ruben

________________________________
From: Leon Benjamin - NOAA Affiliate [address@hidden]
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:18 PM
To: _OAR ESRL GSD MADIS-data
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: MADIS-GSD data will be degraded Wednesday April 16, 2014 from 16-17z, Postponed to Thursday.

All,

The maintenance window is postponed to Thursday April 17 starting at 15z (9am MDT)

This will have no effect on the MADIS-NWS data.

-- Leon

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 8:03 PM, Leon Benjamin - NOAA Affiliate <address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
All,

Due to facility maintenance, the MADIS-GSD data will be degraded Wed, April 16, 2014 starting at 1600Z (10am MDT). The event will be about an hour.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.  This will have no effect on the MADIS-NWS data.

Leon Benjamin
303-497-6031<tel:303-497-6031>