[Datastream #KJN-249111]: re: 20140320: Impending changes to IDD FNEXRAD and UNIWISC datastreams

Hi Don,

re:
> A couple of questions/issues:
>
> - I have an IDV bundle
>
> (http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/repository/entry/get/GFS-SAT%20Comparison.xidv?entryid=c3eb275c-21b1-4836-b94b-f70998e7fd98)
>
> that uses the GLOBALL dataset and the Global Therma IR composite to
> retrieve data over the past 4 days using time matching.  When it tries
> to retrieve the global images, they load fine up until 2014-03-22 00Z
> and after that, I get errors that no images satisfy the selection
> criteria.  It looks like the band number changed from 1 to 4 which is
> problematic for bundles.

Yes, I changed the band number so that GOES IR calibration could be applied
to the images.

re:
> I don't know of a good solution because it
> takes the band information of the first image and computes requests from
> that template.  I put together this bundle for a demo today, and
> unfortunately now it doesn't work.

There are 8 days of the high resolution Global IR and WV composites in the
UNIARC dataset on our Amazon1 instance (54.212.113.87) (all being band 4)
in case that helps.

re:
> - The global satellite composites seem a lot spottier than they did
> before.  I haven't looked at them for a while, but there seem to be a
> lot of dropouts.  Is this product being created on the Amazon machine,
> or is this the product created by SSEC?

It is being created at SSEC.  We get access to it by virtue of the subaward
to SSEC.  I am sure that the SSEC folks are keeping an eye on the composites
(IR and WV) since they are generating them under contract from at least
one external group.

I apologize for the problems caused by switching the Global composites!
I was afraid that there would be impacts when we switched over...

Ticket ID: KJN-249111
Department: Support Datastream