[Datastream #DDV-188527]: Level 3 Users

Hi Mike,

re:
> We are in the process of testing Gibson Ridge Level 3 Client and had
> originally received a link to access Level 3 data
>
> (http://motherlode.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/nexrad/level3/catalog.html)
>
> but when we try to access that data we get an error stating that the
> .cfg file cannot be found.  I have tried changing extension from .html
> to .xml but get same error.

This likely indicates that the Gibson Ridge software is not able
to read directly from this THREDDS catalog.

re:
> My question, is there a better link to be able to access Level 3 data
> so I can have a control for use in comparing data hosted elsewhere to
> compare against data that will be pulled locally through the NWS?

We know nothing about the Gibson Ridge Level 3 Client, so we are not
qualified to say if there is a way to configure it to read directly
from a THREDDS catalog.

If you are asking if there is a link through which you can download
some NEXRAD Level 3 data, then you can try:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu

  Data Archive
  http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/index.html

    Raw [unconverted] data archives
    http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/raw_data.html

      Radar
      http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?native/radar

        level3
        http://motherlode.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/ldm/genweb?native/radar/level3

NB:

We make the level3 data available through this interface for occasional
access by end users who want a small amount of data from time to time.
Sites that will be actively using NEXRAD Level 3 data from the NOAAPort
SBN are advised to either install a NOAAPort ingest capability at their
site, or to get fed the data in near-realtime by a cooperating Unidata
Internet Data Distribution (IDD) participant.  The comment made
previously by Leo Rivard:

  Date: 20130314.0913 MDT
  From: Leo Rivard <address@hidden>

  "I am looking for a NEXRAD Level 3 url that we can use to test Gibson Ridge
  GRLevel3 software against while we continue to setup our LDM environment.
  Is this something that you can help us with? We use the Iowa State url for
  Level 2 data."

make us believe that you are working towards getting a real-time feed of
NEXRAD Level 3 data via the LDM/IDD.  If this is no longer the case, please
let us know.

Ticket ID: DDV-188527
Department: Support Datastream