[Datastream #GUP-852536]: GOES-14 Rapid Scan for Commercial Use

Hi Shawn,

re:
> I am sending this email to find out if Unidata has any plans to sell or
> give the GOES-14 Rapid Scan data to Commercial enterprises?

No, we do not have any plans to sell any data to commercial enterprises;
this is not part of our mission.  In addition, we do not have an active
GOES-14 ingest system (we were providing GOES-14 data to the Unidata
community when it was repurposed as GOES-East by NOAA).

re:
> I work a
> company that has many clients along the eastern seaboard and it would
> be of great use if we could have access to the 1 minute Rapid Scan of
> Sandy if possible.

We would love to be getting the rapid scans from GOES-14 as well :-)

re:
> Thank you for any information

No worries.

I suggest you contact the Data Center folks at the Space Science and
Engineering Center (SSEC) at the University of Wisconsin (UW) at
Madison:

address@hidden

They are ingesting GOES-14 data and they are setup to provide the
data to end-users.  Their service, is, however, not free.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

Ticket ID: GUP-852536
Department: Support Datastream