[Staging #IPV-671505]: UT Austin providing free GPS occultation data

Hi Travis,

re:
> My name is Travis Sanders, and I'm the GPS team leader for the UT
> Satellite Design Lab. We are working on a cube-satellite mission which
> will carry a software-defined dual-frequency GPS receiver to collect
> ionospheric measurements from occulting GPS satellites. Our satellite
> will probably not fly until 2014, but all the data will be publicly
> available as soon as we receive it. Would UCAR be interested in using
> this data when it becomes available? If so, can I write UCAR down as a
> customer for our data?

We, the Unidata Program Cener of UCAR, would definitely be interested
in free-and-open access to the data your mission will create.  Our objective
would be to provide it to our community (which is typically institutions
of higher education in the U.S. and beyond) in as close to real-time
as possible.  FYI, our Internet Data Distribution (IDD) system is being
used to relay data being collected by the COSMIC program of UCAR (in
conjunction with international partners, of course) to a wide variety
of university and non-university sites.

re:
> You can find more information about the satellite mission as well as
> the GPS receiver being used on the satellite at
> http://armadillo.ae.utexas.edu/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14&Itemid=15.

Thanks for the reference.

re:
> Thank you for your consideration and let me know if you have any
> question!

To learn more about us, please browse through our website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: IPV-671505
Department: Support Datastream