[LDM #JKQ-274656]: NAM data question

Hi again Gerry,

I missed the following in your previous note:

re: you can lobby the CONDUIT community to request addition of fields

> I guess I'll start that. I'm also going to look into internal resources,
> but... one would think that, with the number of people who use LDM data for
> modeling, getting the soil and snow fields in and right would be of
> interest.

I never know what the modeling community wants...

re:
> How tight is the feed these days (data vs bandwidth)? I'm sure you've got a
> better handle on that than I do.

The bandwidth is not the issue.  The issue is the size of the LDM queue on
the CONDUIT toplevel and IDD relay machines.  The WOC is now working on
a hardware refresh, so the CONDUIT toplevel machines will soon not be
a problem.  The next step down is the toplevel IDD relay machines.  I
think that UW/AOS will be OK, and I know that we should be OK, but I
can't say for sure about U Illinois or Penn State (or TAMU).

Ticket ID: JKQ-274656
Department: Support Datastream