[Datastream #IPJ-154281]: Possible Infrared Satellite image of Data

HI Weiwei,

re:
> I am Dr. Zhu from Uni. of Maryland eastern shore. We are urgently looking
> for a few sets of data for our tsunami/earthquake research. I contacted
> your center recently,

I don't see any recent contact from you (address@hidden) in our support
archives.  Is it possible that you contacted a different group in UCAR/NCAR?

re:
> and got to know that you have a great database for
> the public.

We (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) do not maintain long term archives
of data.  We do have a variety of "recent" (near real-time) data
available, however.  And, the Space Science and Engineering Center
(SSEC) at the University of Wisconsin at Madison (UW) maintains an
archive of GOES satellite image sectors that are created for Unidata
community user use.  Since these sectors are from GOES, they do not
cover areas not within the GOES footprint.

Question:

- what kinds of data are you looking for?

  The Subject: line of your email inquiry mentions infrared satellite
  imagery.  Is this all you are looking for?

re:
> Do you have the following sets of data? If you do, what
> procedure(s) should we complete to retrieve it?
>
> We really appreciate your big help!
>
> Here is the data we need:
>
> The infrared Satellite images of the
> 1. Sumatra earthquake this week
> 2. Chile earthquake of 27 Feb 2010

The Data Center at SSEC may have non-GOES imagery that
covers Sumatra and Chile.  I suggest you send folks
there this same request:

email: address@hidden

Unidata community universities are allowed to access
up to 5 GB/month from the SSEC archive for free.  Transfers
in excess of that amount incur costs.

re:
> 3. Alaskan earthquake of Mar 27, 1964
> 4. Rat islands, Feb 4 1965
> 5. Kuril islands, Oct 13 1963

These are pretty old.  I am not sure that the SSEC archive goes
back this far.  The folks at the SSEC Data Center would know
better.

Best of luck!

Ticket ID: IPJ-154281
Department: Support Datastream