[Datastream #EPF-411247]: 6 min water level data

Hi John,

re: URL for the online data query you used
> I start out at the opendap page
>
> http://opendap.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/dods/

OK.  This lets me know that the site you are trying to access is not
one under our control.

re:
> and chose the 6 minute water level verified data which puts me on
>
> http://opendap.co-ops.nos.noaa.gov/dods/IOOS/SixMin_Verified_Water_Level.html
>
> The data url is
>
> http://localhost:8080/dods/IOOS/SixMin_Verified_Water_Level

What is weird about this is what I mentioned previously: localhost:8080
should be a reference to a server instance running on your own machine.

re:
> I choose variables
> _STATION_ID = 8638610
> _DATUM = MLLW
> _BEGIN_DATE = 20110101
> _END_DATE = 20110228
>
> Then I push the "get ASCII" button.
>
> I have made a number of choices for the start and stop dates and get the
> same result independent of the dates.
>
> I don't get that the search has no results (which I get when asking for
> data that does not exist). I get that the server is unavailable.

My guess is that there is something wrong in the setup of the
server you are accessing (but I could be wrong).

re:
> Let me know if you need more information. Thanks in advance for your
> help.

There is not much, if anything, that we can do other than forward your
inquiry to the OPeNDAP folks.  I will combine your two emails and send
them along to address@hidden immediately.

Best of luck!

Ticket ID: EPF-411247
Department: Support Datastream