[Datastream #HJY-878726]: NDFD files #197 and #255

Hi Kevin,

re:
> I was just looking more closely at the NDFD files that look like they
> are attached to Process ID 197 and 255 on the NGRID feed.

As far as I know, the process ID is not part of the LDM/IDD Product ID
that is created for the NOAAPort GRIB/GRIB2 products processed by
our NOAAPort ingest package.

re:
> However, when I analyze these files with the wgrib2 utility (wgrib2
> -processid <NDFD file>), it says that the process ID for both the 197
> and 255 files is 183.
> What are the #197 and #255 referring to?

I dug through the code (which was written at NCEP for GEMPAK) and found
that this part of the Product ID is the "Source of grid definition (see
Code Table 3.0)".  A Google search for "Code Table 3.0" returned:

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/grib2/grib2_table3-0.shtml

which is what I was looking for: Source of Grid Definition.  Interestingly,
values in the range 192-254 are indicated as being Reserved for Local Use
which would suggest that NCEP would have its own version of Code Table 3,
but I was unable to find such a thing.

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.