[Datastream #HTC-672313]: oil spill research data

> Dear Sir,
Hello Sugunya,

> I am suganya, pursuing Ph.D in engineering. I require your guidance in my
> research.

We'll help all we can :)

> My research work in the area of Oil spills and their management by
> attempting to develop a decision support system framework for modeling oil
> spills.
>
> As part of this, it is necessary to analyze the various parameters that
> effect oil spill impacts – sensitivity factors, environmental concerns in
> oil spill response and cleanup operations. Decision can made based on ESI
> mapping, priority ranking, oil spill impacts, coastal sensitivity, and spill
> response.

Sounds like a good area of study!

> Requirements essential to my research include Oil spill case and incident
> information scenarios, Shipping traffic, GIS database, Thematic map ,Data
> layers,satellite image, oceanographic data set’s like sea temperature,
> wind speed, wind direction, current speed, current direction, wave,
> bathymetry data of sea level, oil fates and behavior, Environmental
> Sensitivity Index (ESI map) for priority ranking, several data for spill
> response alternatives on sea and coast, shoreline protection and cleanup
> activities.
>
> if you have datas for BP oil spill Gulf of mexico or any other area. kindly
> provide me.

We are not a data archive center, we deliver real time data to universities and
research organizations. We DO maintain an archive of satellite imagery through
an agreement with the UW-SSEC. Please see:

http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/datacenter/archive.html

..if you choose this route please register with Unidata (our website) and we
can then grant you access to the archive from UW-SSEC :)

For other data (obs, models, etc.) you would be best served by NCDC:
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/ncdc.html

> Thus would help me a lot in building model.  pl help me in terms of data and
> your suggestions.
>
> looking forward reply. thanks.
>

> Regards,
>
> R.Suganya
>
> Doctoral Research Fellow
>
> University of Petroleum & Energy Studies
>
> Dehradun, India
>

> The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is
> University of Petroleum and Energy Studies privileged and confidential and is
> intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure,
> distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on
> behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in
> error, please notify me immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of
> the transmittal.
> This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for
> the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not
> read, distribute copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in
> this email are those of the author and do not represent those of the company.
> Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are
> present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss
> or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support