[Datastream #RJJ-691000]: Access to the Archive Machine

Hi Matthew,

re:
> I'm very unaware of how to view the files which end in .goes9vis, .goes9ir,
> .profile, etc. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can view the
> satellite imagery and other data that was given to me.

The images are in McIDAS AREA file format.  They can be viewed in any of
the three applications that we make available: GEMPAK, McIDAS-X, IDV.
How you view the images depends on the application/interface you want to
use.  Perhaps the IDV is the easiest package to use since you can:

- copy the image(s) to one or more directories of your choosing

- open the Files action in the Data Chooser tab of the IDV Dashboard
  and navigate to the appropriate directory

- select the image and then set the Data Source Type to McIDAS AREA files

- click on Add Source

- set the desired way you want to load the image in the dialogs in the
  Field Selector tab (which you will be flipped to automatically)

- click on Create Display

Question:

- what application were you planning on using for your investigations?

Ticket ID: RJJ-691000
Department: Support Datastream