[Datastream #RJJ-691000]: Access to the Archive Machine

Hi Matthew,

re:
> I'm in the process of requesting satellite data for TC Danny (1997) and I
> was hoping you could tell me how to access the archive machine to view the
> data.

The following Unidata webpage should have what you need:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html

After you have exchanged email with the folks in the SSEC Data Center to
get the archived data you are interested staged back to disk, you can
FTP it using:

machine:   unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
user:      <user>
pass:      <pass>
directory: urequest/<day/days you had reloaded from tape>

The 'neartime' directory contains subdirectories for the data that is maintained
online.  Data from 1997, however, will not be in this "rolling archive", so you
will need to send email to folks in the SSEC Data Center asking for the data
to be restored from tape.  Please make sure that your request email lets the
SSEC folks know that you are interested in images from the Unidata-Wisconsin
archive!

Ticket ID: RJJ-691000
Department: Support Datastream