[Datastream #NUL-612145]: NAM Model TIN 11-16

Hi Kevin,

re:
> Tom, here is some more info about the grids I was interested in from the
> people at NCEP. Looks like they become operational around September 20.
> Innermost nests on CONDUIT is what the Cape is interested in, I think.

This is very interesting and timely... we have been working with the folks
at the WOC on adding fire weather grids to CONDUIT.  The experiments conducted
have been on one of the three toplevel CONDUIT machines that the WOC operates
in Silver Springs, after it was pulled from "operational" duties.  The
parallel NAM fire weather products will increase the volume in CONDUIT by
an average of 800 MB/hour.  Good thing that they are available for insertion
into the feed at different times than the current data peaks (which are
dominated
by GFS and ensemble fields).

We just had a conference call with our contact at the WOC regarding the
fire weather test results, and she happened to mention her wondering if
users were going to be interested in the inner nests for the various products.
Your note indicates that folks you are working with are.  Also, since
you included a note from him, I can mention that Justin Cooke was the
technical contact we were working with for the tests of CONDUIT additions.

Must be something in the air that gets folks thinking about the same issues
at the same time :-)

Ticket ID: NUL-612145
Department: Support Datastream