[Datastream #NUL-612145]: NAM Model TIN 11-16

Hi Kevin,

re:
> Thanks for the info.

No worries.

re:
> I am not sure what the Product ID's should look like - these are grids
> that someone at the Cape requested. They are a NAM nested grid 84,
> NAM_NEST84 and NMM nested grid 89, NMM_NEST89??

I would look for grids with Product IDs that contain NMM_89 as a first
step.

re:
> With regard to how I'm looking for the grids: I took the sample files
> that I downloaded from the para FTP site, ran a script to extract the
> navigation, put the nav values into the
> /home/mcidas/data/grib2NavLookup.txt file, then passed them through
> -XCD.

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought of doing that!

re:
> Via LDM, using HDS/HRS/NGRID and a ^.* to look for everything, I
> have not seen similar grids float across in 24 hours,

Are you looking for these from your local NOAAPort ingester, or
are you look for these in the IDD feeds?  The reason I ask is that
by looking at the full IDD HDS|NGRID feeds, you would see something
_if_ what you are looking for is really there.  Looking at your own
NOAAPort ingester should be equivalent _unless_ it is having some
problems (which I am not suggesting, by the way).

re:
> even though I can
> see these files have been updated on the parallel run site. Our contact
> at the Cape seemed certain that these files should be coming across
> NOAAPORT. I don't understand why they are showing up in the parallel
> directory and not in NOAAPORT.

Again, I have been told many, many times that the contents of the NOAAPort
SBN are determined by operational needs as determined by the NWS.  If the
NWS has determined that parallel runs of the NAM are important for operations,
it would seem to me that they would cease being parallel runs and join
the operational status.  I could, of course, be wrong in this, but the
fact that you haven't seen what you are looking for suggests that my view
is correct.

Ticket ID: NUL-612145
Department: Support Datastream