[Miscellaneous #LGQ-795282]: Data request

Boris,

re:
> i get this message, but i dont undestard the last.
>
> According to the message I must send an email to
> address@hidden, requesting the data I need

'needdata-owner' is the entity that manages the address@hidden
email list.  That entity is Unidata User Support.

Requests for data should always be sent to the list itself, not the
entity that manages the list.  Since you already posted your request
to address@hidden AND users provided information about
contacting NCDC, you don't need to send additional emails.

I guess the question is if you are, in fact, receiving the replies
that are being sent in response to your requests to the lists?
If yes, are you not following up on the recommendations?

By the way, I just had an email exchange with folks at SSEC.  They
said that your requests to them never mentioned that I had sent you
to them, so they were thinking that you were asking about access
to their large GOES archive ** which is not free **.  They didn't
realize originally that you are interested in getting data for
free or that they should be pulling the data you are interested
from the Unidata-Wisconsin archive.  They now realize that this
is the archive you are interested in, and will be working with
you to stage the images off of tape onto disk.  As I noted in my
first email reply, the data will have to be put back on disk in
stages, and you will have a short amount of time to FTP the
data off before it gets overwritten by subsequent data that
they will be restoring.

Ticket ID: LGQ-795282
Department: Support Miscellaneous