[Datastream #UZP-669226]: Re: [ldm-users] 20101105: FNEXRAD GRIB2 product -- high res gridded radar composite

Hi Gerry,

re: NEXRAD Level III products in the IDD FNEXRAD feed
> Send me the pqact instance and I'll cover that here, too...

I _wish_ that it was as easy as setting up an action in an LDM
pqact.conf file!  The reality is that the process that Chiz setup
to create the composites requires a fully-working installation of
GEMPAK AND a particular instance of our internal gribinsert package.

The creation of the GRIB2 format of the 1 km N0R composites broke
when chiz was removed as a user on motherlode.ucar.edu.  I eventually
traced the problem to his putting a reference to '~chiz/gribinsert/...'
in one of the C Shell scripts that run as part of the compositing
process.  A quick change from '~chiz' to '/home/chiz' returned the
script to functionality.

I greatly appreciate you offer, but I can not take you up on it
at the moment.  I will want to revisit this in the not too distant
future, however.

Ticket ID: UZP-669226
Department: Support Datastream