[Datastream #LLM-354086]: Access to GOES-10 South America data

Hola Vanesa,

re:
> I would like to hace access to the GOES-10 South America data in near-
> real time.
>
> I found that these data maybe on the ADDE server:
> goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu.

Correct, we provide McIDAS ADDE access to the data on this machine.

> Is there anyway I can connect to this server (via ftp) to download the
> data.

No, we do not provide FTP access to the GOES-10 data.  We only provide
access to the data via McIDAS ADDE.

> In case this is not possible, could you please tell me if such an ftp
> site exists in another server

We do not know of any sites making GOES-10 data available by FTP.

> and/or how I can access the data?

The data can be accessed from ADDE-enabled applications like McIDAS
(available from the University of Wisconsin (UW) Space Science and
Engineering Center (SSEC) and for educational institutions from
Unidata); the IDV (Unidata); and McIDAS-V (an IDV derivative from
UW/SSEC).

We are curious: can you tell us what your intended use is for
near real-time GOES-10 data?

Also, were you aware that GOES-10 is scheduled to be de-orbited
in the first part of December, 2009?

Ticket ID: LLM-354086
Department: Support Datastream