[Datastream #VCU-516117]: Status of GOES-East ADDE Server

Hi Greg,

re:
> Could you please remind of what the status is on the ADDE server
> EAST? I see there has not been data available there for awhile.

Thanks for reminding me of this.  The EAST dataset served off
of unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu has not been returned to service since
the hardware problems we experienced with the machine's RAID
last month.  I will return it to service ASAP.

But, you can get the data off of our GOES-East ingester here
at UCAR.  The dataset name is the same (EAST), and the machine
name is goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu.  In McIDAS, all you need
to do is "point" at our server:

DATALOC ADD EAST goeseast.unidata.ucar.edu

In the same way that unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu is not currently serving
GOES-West data, you can get the WEST dataset imagery from the
GOES-West ingester here at UCAR:

DATALOC ADD WEST goeswest.unidata.ucar.edu

These are, as you know, in addition to the SOUTH dataset from
the GOES-10 ingest system we operate here at UCAR:

DATALOC ADD SOUTH goessouth.unidata.ucar.edu

Ticket ID: VCU-516117
Department: Support Datastream