[Datastream #TPQ-458758]: netCDF instead of AREA?

Hi Jason,

re:
> I work in the Atmospheric Sciences department at the University of
> Arizona. Our department receives real-time data from Unidata-UCAR for
> various things. I don't know the details of how it gets here. One
> dataset we get here is real-time GOES-12 imagery, in McIDAS AREA format.
> I'm interested in getting this same data in netCDF instead. Do you
> supply the data in this format?

No, not directly.  The images we send in the Unidata-Wisconsin IDD
datastream (IDD feedtype UNIWISC (aka McIDAS)) can be accessed
through the THREDDS server on motherlode.ucar.edu.  Since they
would be served by OPeNDAP by THREDDS, they would be in netCDF format.
Also, McIDAS has the capability of converting images in McIDAS
AREA file format to a netCDF format.

Ticket ID: TPQ-458758
Department: Support Datastream