[Datastream #HCU-295985]: request for FNMOC data additions

> > Could the following data be added to the current FNMOC feed:
> >
> > 1. OTIS 1/4 degree SSTs
> > 2. terrain height in NOGAPS
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Harry Edmon                     E-MAIL: address@hidden
> > 206-543-0547                                address@hidden
> > Dept of Atmospheric Sciences                FAX:    206-543-0308
> > University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640
> >
> Hi Harry,
>
> I have submitted your request to FNMOC, we will keep you posted.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff
> Jeff Weber
> Unidata User Support
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
Hi Harry,

I just got this from FNMOC:

"There are few options for FNMOC SST analyses available:

1) FNMOC still produces the global 1/4 degree SST fields and these can be
made available.  This analysis is produced once a day at about 1930 GMT
and assimilates the previous 24 hours of data.  It will not show any
diurnal variability.

2) Global 1 deg SST data is already available via the NOGAPS feed.  The
ocean regions of the "grnd_sea_temp" NOGAPS files are generated from a
(roughly) 1/2 deg NCODA analysis interpolated onto the global 1-deg
grid.  They are produced 4 times a day, so they are more "current", but
they are also on a 24 hour update cycle so the diurnal cycle is
suppressed in these also.

3) The 1/2 deg global NCODA SST as described in (2) could also be made
available.

4) The GODAE server also has a higher spatial and temporal resolution
option available.  The "GHRSST" NCODA analyses is a 12 km (at the
equator) mercator grid with latitude range -79 to +79 deg.  The analysis
is produced 4 times a day with a 6 hour update cycle which will show the
diurnal cycle.  These cannot be currently be added to the NOGAPS LDM feed
but they are available for download from the GODAE server.

Please let us know which of these options is of most interest to you."

....So, here is the scoop, let us know what you desire. Ideally we could get
the 12km stuff over the IDD, but that does not appear to be an option.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support