[Datastream #HVE-792174]: problem with GFS data

> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I am writting to ask something.I am mehran and i have been studying at
> Tehran university in PhD meteorology. I have problem with GFS data.I am
> working with WRF and i had GFSdata as a meteorological data to put in
> WRF(format grib1).NOW i want to execute offline module noahlsm used in wrf
> as a land surface scheme and i need to put  meteorological data in it.But i
> have a problem when i want to put gfs data.As you know ,in GFS data for
> every hour there are some grib file as a gfs.t**z.pgrbf** and i dont know
> which one i used for puting in that module.will i have to degrib all of the
> grib file for every hour in day or not?
>
> I look forward to hearing from you
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Regards
> MEHRAN

Hello Mehran,

I must confess, I do not understand your question.

If using GFS to intialize the WRF, then I would guess you would only need to
"de-grib" the initialization fields,
but I am not quite sure what you are asking.

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu