[Datastream #MLV-365604]: GOES-10?

Hi Dave,

re: GOES-10 imagery now incorporated into Unidata-Wisconsin datastream sectors

> Is this coming in under a different header that existing patterns (that
> match any other satellite in the MCIDAS feed)  won't match?  I don't seem to
> see it.

Currently, the GOES-10 imagery is only incorporated into the GOES-East products.
The GOES-East composite sectors are composed of as much GOES-East (GOES-12) data
as is available plus GOES-10 data for the same wavelength channel if the GOES-10
data is within 12 minutes of the GOES-East data and in regions where there is
no GOES-East coverage.

re:
> GOES-10 now in <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/newsletter/2007feb/#Article3>
> Unidata-Wisconsin IDD data feed
> GOES-10 data has been incorporated into the existing Unidata-Wisconsin data
> feed which is currently going to 146 reporting systems at 92 sites. Any of
> the 392 IDD installations at 209 sites have access to this data. Since this
> is a measure of reporting sites, the actual number is likely to be higher.
> more  <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/newsletter/2007feb/#Article3> >

If you click on the title of this news snippit, or click on the 'more' link at
the bottom of the snippit, a new page will be loaded. In the text describing
the GOES-10 data inclusion is a link to a web page that more fully describes
what is currently being done:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/goes10/uniwisc.html

I will be recommending to Unidata governing committees when they meet next month
that the GOES-10 sectors be added to the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream in their
native projection.  Since I do not expect there to be too much if any opposition
to the addition of new sectors in the UNIWISC IDD feed (aka MCIDAS), I would
expect
to start sending the new, all-GOES-10 sectors towards the end of March or, more
likely, in early April (I have several committments in late March that will
likely
prevent me from working on this until early April).

Ticket ID: MLV-365604
Department: Support Datastream