[Datastream #WQP-206878]: Small GRIB-2 file - Convective Outlook

> Hi,
> At SSEC, we are receiving a GRIB-2 file that is 238 bytes which appears
> to be a convective outlook, but can't find any references to it, other
> than a message in your archive:
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/gempak/msg04306.html
>
> Was there any follow-up to this message with regard to getting the GRIB2
> table 4 definitions, so we can make more sense of this file?
>
> Thanks!
> Kevin Baggett
> UW-SSEC

Kevin,

NCEP has posted the parameter table information in there grib2 documentation
since then:
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/grib2/grib2_table4-2-0-19.shtml

This table has the categorical reference to the parameters in the bulletin.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport

Ticket ID: WQP-206878
Department: Support Datastream