[Datastream #LBW-281216]: CIMSS ingest of GOES-10 data

Hi Tim,

Do you know if CIMSS is planning on ingesting realtime GOES-10 data and making
it
available by ADDE in realtime?  I contacted Brian Hughes (NESDIS/SSD) and he
seemed
to think that CIMSS was planning on doing this (and that NESDIS was not).

If CIMSS is planning on doing the ingest, is it through the SSEC Data Center?
In either case, will the data be made available to the Unidata community
free-of-charge?

FYI, we are trying to access some internal monies at UCAR to establish a GOES-10
downlink so we can make the data available in realtime to the North, Central,
and
South American Unidata communities. One of the questions that we have been asked
is if NESDIS is already planning on doing this, so our effort might not be
necessary.

Any information you can provide would be most appreciated.