[Datastream #TVM-187420]: USPLN feed test and decoder info

Hi Chris,

I've been meaning to send you an email to update you on the USPLN decoding
status for about a week, but could never get around to it.  Here goes...

I updated the ldm-mcidas lightning decoder to:

- remove McIDAS library dependencies for decoding

- handle both NLDN and USPLN data

I have been looking at the USPLN data with _great_ interest for the
past week and decided to send you a plot of three day's of two and
a half days of data that illustrates what I believe to be an artifact
of signal processing; the image is attached.

Can you contact the USPLN folks and ask them about their procedure
for processing the flash data outside of a box whose southeast
corner is located at 20 N, 65 W?  It is obvious from the attached
GIF image that they must be processing flash data for the CONUS
differently than outside of the CONUS.

Ticket ID: TVM-187420
Department: Support Datastream