[Datastream #GCI-680229]: Re: goes-11 missing satellite data to recover?

Hi Marek,

re:
> Thanks, Tom!

No worries.

> That was my suspicion. I could also verify it by checking,
> dir[2] in directory section of these AREA files (sensor #?).
> As, I noticed, that goes-10 had dir[2]=74, and goes-11 has dir[2]=76.
> Correct?

Correct.  The Satellite Sensor Source numbers for satellites supported
by McIDAS are listed in the SATANNOT file in the distribution.  Here
are the SS numbers for the various GOES platforms (extracted from
SATANNOT):

GOES-1                       20
GOES-1 IR                    21
GOES-2                       22
GOES-2 IR                    23
GOES-3                       24
GOES-3 IR                    25
GOES-4                       26
GOES-4 IR          C         27
GOES-5                       28
GOES-5 IR          C         29
GOES-6                       30
GOES-6 IR          C         31
GOES-7                       32
GOES-7 IR          D         33
G-8 IMG            G         70
G-8 SND            G         71
G-9 IMG            G         72
G-9 SND            G         73
G-10 IMG           G         74
G-10 SND           G         75
G-11 IMG           G         76
G-11 SND           G         77
G-12 IMG           G         78
G-12 SND           G         79
G-13 IMG           G         180
G-13 SND           G         181
G-14 IMG           G         182
G-14 SND           G         183
G-15 IMG           G         184
G-15 SND           G         185

> But I wanted to make sure, that this is just naming inocsistency,
> so I asked you directly a question.

I am glad you reminded me that the archive names were incorrect.
Immediately after answering your earlier email, I changed the archive
naming on unidata2.  Now, GOES-11 images are correctly named goes11.
I am thinking, however, of changing the names to east and west since
the sectors will continue to flow no matter what satellite is acting
as GOES-East or GOES-West.  I will need to discuss this with folks
at SSEC first, however.

> PS
> While in Colorado Springs,
> I climbed a bit in Garden of the Gods, Montezuma Tower, 5.7-5.10
> New Era on Gray Rock,...at al.

Nice!

> inspite of my recent overweight,
> I was still able to climb up to 5.10!
> Ha?

It is a shame how most of us get heavier as we get older :-(

Ticket ID: GCI-680229
Department: Support Datastream