[Datastream #IJN-200350]: 20060708: EAST and WEST datasets not updating on unidata2

Hi Jerry,

re: changing EAST/WEST update method from FTP to LDM
> I started working on this the last week in June ... I was in Taiwan, for work,

Way cool!  How was Taiwan?  -- I'm jealous :-)

> the first week of
> July, so I hadn't looked at it at all last week.

No worries.  I thought I'd ask given the number of times that the FTP
update process for the EAST and WEST datasets has had some sort of problem.
Fred Mosher is actively using both of the datasets, and we are at the
point of doing the same, so I figure that movement to use of the LDM
is timely.

> I have ldm installed on one of our primary
> systems, and will try to get some data into it this week to see how it
> will work.

What feedtype are you going to use?  I would suggest SPARE...

> Do you want to
> work on enlarging the queue on unidata2?  Or do you want to try it with
> the size that it is currently at?

I would like to start using the existing queue size of 2 GB.  As soon as
the "switch is flipped", I will monitor the age of the oldest product in
the queue (one of the items included in the uptime logging that is available
in ~ldm/logs/undata2.uptime) to see if the queue needs to be enlarged.  If
it does, I would most likely move from 2 GB to 3 GB to start and then
reevaluate.

> I still need to write a couple of scripts for pqact.

OK.

> I also have some questions regarding unique
> products and the checksums, but will ask those when I get to that point.

Sounds good.  Please let me know when you are ready to begin testing.

Ticket ID: IJN-200350
Department: Support Datastream