[Datastream #XQR-661531]: avn global data

Hi David,

re:
> I would like ftp access to the recent AVN global model forecast
> files (starting June 12) for the Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands region.
> Could you provide me with the address and password if needed.  Thanks!

There are several ways to get access to "archived" GFS model data:

- visit the NCDC website

  http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov

- subscribe to the address@hidden email list and ask Unidata
  community members if they have the model data that you need.  In order
  to post to any Unidata-maintained email list, you must first subscribe
  (we limit posts to subscribed members to keep spam out of the lists)

  You can (un)subscribe to any Unidata-maintained email list online
  at:

  If you decide to subscribe to post your request, please wait until
  you have received notification of being added to the list before your
  post.

- we give access to the short-term, "rolling" archive of model data sent
  in the Unidata IDD datastreams for "casual" (sporadic, not continuing)
  use:

  machine: motherlode.ucar.edu
  user:    unidata
  pass:    lotzodata

  Please note:  FTP access to the data stored on motherlode.ucar.edu will
  be revoked if access is abused.  The FTPable data is not to be used in
  place of a realtime feed of data.

  If you are looking to access the GFS model data on an ongoing basis, we
  will work with you to install the Unidata LDM software so you can receive
  the data through our Internet Data Distribution system.  This is the best
  way to get the realtime data data that you want/need.

> Dr. David J Smith
> Division of Science and Mathematics
> University of the Virgin Islands
> St. Thomas, USVI  00802