[Datastream #VDK-805269]: distribution of level II

Hi Donna,

re:
> Is it OK for us to distribute the Level II data to a
> for profit company?  Do I need to get any special
> permission to do so?

There is now a PDF document linked prominently on the NOAA/NWS Radar
Operations Center website:

http://www.roc.noaa.gov/NWS_Level_2/

that presents the template MOA between the NOAA/NWS and toplevel NEXRAD
Level II relay sites:

http://www.roc.noaa.gov/NWS_Level_2/Level_II_Template_MOA.pdf

Section III of this document, "III.  PURPOSE", states:

  "Level II data will be released without any prohibition for its
   redistribution or use."

The UPC intends to provide a link to the ROC website referenced above
in our webpage on Level II data:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/radar_data_2.html

The link is _not_ there yet, however.

Please read the entire NWS/NOAA template MOA carefully so that you
fully understand all aspects it presents.

NOTE:  Please reference the NWS/NOAA document directly in any
communications you might have regarding Level II data redistribution
and use since it is the NWS' policy that is defined, not the
UPC's/Unidata's (i.e., please do not attribute/represent any portion of
what is written in the NWS/NOAA document to the UPC or the Unidata
community).  Thanks in advance!

I hope that the NWS/NOAA template MOA is the sort of document you
were looking for to clarify your questions regarding NEXRAD Level II

Ticket ID: VDK-805269
Department: Support Datastream