20051117: missing NEXRCOMP images from FNEXRAD feed

>From:  Lu <address@hidden>

Hi Wen,

Steve Chiswell wrote:
>The NEXRCOMP radar composite is distributed in the FNEXRAD data feed.
>The GINI format products I create are current in the data feed. You
>can check your ldmd.conf to see if you are requesting the data
>from your upstream, and chek the rtstats pages to make sure your
>upstream site is receiving the data.
>
>The TAMU site has current GINI products in the 1km/n0r, 2km/n1p and
>4km/NTP directories. The pqact.gempak_nexrad file has the FNEXRAD
>pattern for these products.
>
>The directories on the TAMU site that are old are the AREA file
>directories for products that Tom Yoksas was creating from the GINI
>composites mentioned above. My guess is that Tom's program did not get
>ported over when the adde.ucar.edu server was changed. But, these are
>not original data products, just reformating of the original GINI format
>FNEXRAD products, so all the data is still available in the original
>format. I'll let Tom know his AREA files are not currently flowing.

During one part of the transition to new hardware for adde.ucar.edu
the pqact.conf actions that created McIDAS AREA file images from
the grib messages Steve is creating got commented out.  I will
restore the processing when I find all of the needed pieces.

Sorry for not noticing this!