Re: 20050614: Re: Data request for UseComm

Hi Mark,

I'll do some research on this and get back to you.

Linda

--On Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:27 PM -0500 "Mark J. Laufersweiler" <address@hidden> wrote:

Linda

The faculty for whom I am making the request here like the realtime
delivery and make use the data in the native netcdf formats. The
faculty are signal processing folk (Drs. Palmer and Chilson) and so
I am not fully up to speed on how they use the data. I can check
about their group scripting a ftp harvest of the data.

But it seems to me that since the winds were already going out over
the IDD, could not the RASS be sent out as well since the data would
still be of one data feed type (FSL2)? It would make for a more
complete data feed since most of the profilers have RASS associated
with sites.

Not knowing how data is injected into the IDD, I am not sure how
easy/hard this would be. Nor do I know what the impact on the
IDD/LDM would be by adding to the product queue a number of small
(~8 KB ) files. as such, I may be off base by expecting this to be a
trival matter.

mjl