20050610: POES data from UNIDATA IDD (cont.)

>From: Owen Cooper <address@hidden>

Hi Owen,

>I just successfully displayed some of the MODIS data from the NASA ADDE
>server. Very cool stuff.

Sound great!  The MODIS data is fantastic, isn't it!?

>Displaying POES data is a whole different ball game compared to GOES.

Yup.

>For example during the descending poriton of the orbit the image is
>upside down.

Yup :-)  The image can be rectified with an IMGREMAP, but you
will lose information.

>Do you have any tutorial info. on displaying POES data
>with MCIDAS?

No.  Displaying POES data is really no different that geostationary
data.  One thing you will want to look at is the TIME= keyword
on IMGDISP.  Knowing the times the leos pass over a point allows
one to select the images by time.

>And do you know of any MODIS-specific stretch and
>enhancement utilities for MCIDAS?

The utilities are the same standard ones found in McIDAS.  As
far as enhancements, you might find more information on the
SSEC/CIMSS web pages.  The CIMSS researchers are doing great
things with the MODIS data.

>thanks

No worries.  Please let me know how your request for access to
the NOAA/SATEPS ADDE servers goes.