20050408: missed ldm products

>From: "John D. Horel" <address@hidden>

Hi John,

I'm sorry that we were unable to respond to your question earlier...

>We had periodic outages from 00z-23z April 7. We need to recover radar
>products in the west and METARs. I've forgotten the protocol as far as
>requesting backfilling data. Thanks for your help pointing me in the
>right direction.

There are three ways for you to get the data you missed:

1 - send a note to the Unidata-maintained needdata email list.  You must
    be subscribed to this (and all Unidata-maintained) list before you can
    post to it.  You can (un)subscribe to any Unidata-maintained email list
    online at:

2 - see if the data is available in the short term "archive" on the Unidata
    web server http://motherlode.ucar.edu:

    user: unidata
    pass: lotzodata

3 - get the missed data from NCDC

The quickest option is to try the web server on motherlode (option 2),
but since this is not a long term archive, the data you want may not
be there.

The next quickest is to see if a Unidata community member has the data
(option 1).

If options 1 and 2 don't work for you, there is always NCDC.