20050301: UNIWISC satellite data archive

>From: Jeff Weber <address@hidden>

Hi Marek,

I wanted to expand on Jeff Weber's comment on getting the GOES data you
missed:

>2) and if you prefer AREA files we can get them from SSEC, til the dawn of
>time (satellite time that is) ..or virtually so :)

There is a reasonably long term archive of the images sent in the
UNIWISC (aka MCIDAS) IDD feed at UW/SSEC.  This archive is accessible
to Unidata participants through passworded FTP:

machine:   unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
user:      XXXXXX
pass:      XXXXXX
directory: neartime/CCYYMMDD         (fill in CCYYMMDD with the date you
                                      want data from)

The data file names are descriptive enough that you should be able
to easily see if the times/bands you want are available.

Please do not use this FTP site as a replacement for a realtime feed
of the UNIWISC data via the IDD.  Thanks