Re: 20041207: RICO image sectors via IDD

Hi Tom-

Thanks for setting this all up.

Tom Yoksas wrote:

I thought that I had things setup to create and relay the VIS, WV, and
IR sectors for RICO last night, but I had incorrect patterns in the
pqact.conf file on the RICO LDM machine.  I corrected the problem
this morning, and data is being saved to disk.

Okay.  They'll probably tweak the pqact entries to save the disk
over on the /data partition so the other machines can access it.

The images will be found in subdirectories of ~ldm/data/images/sat.  The
setup on atm is pretty simple:

- pqact.conf actions that kick off the creation of sectors upon receipt
  of the corresponding band in the UNIWISC datastream

- the sector attributes are controlled by ASCII configuration files located in ~ldm/mcidas/data:

  ricovis.cfg - specifies attributes for VIS (0.65 um) sector
  ricoir.cfg  - specifies attributes for IR  (10.7 um) sector
  ricowv.cfg  - specifies attributes for WV  ( 6.8 um) sector

Right now, in order to create sectors from other bands, one would have
to do the following:

on atm:

- add an appropriate action in pqact.conf
- run 'ldmadmin pqactcheck' to make sure that the action had no typos
- run 'ldmadmin pqactHUP' to tell pqact to reread its configuration file
- create a new '.cfg' template file in ~ldm/mcidas/data that defines
  the new sector

on RICO LDM machine:

- add an appropriate processing action in the pqact.conf file on the RICO
  LDM machine

Note that I did not add kickoff of the sector creation in the standard
McIDAS routing table action BATCH files.  This could be done, of course,
but I chose a different route.

I think the way you did this is fine.  I'll get together with you
to set up the ADDE server on the Unidata machine there when you get in.

One last thing.  The request regular expression for HDS model data was
malformed.  I changed it to what I think is wanted, but someone should
check to make sure that the new action is OK.  Remember that if the
ldmd.conf request line is changed, one has to stop and restart the LDM
for the change to take effect.

My bad.  Your's is correct.

Please let me know if you see any problems...

Okay.  Thanks again for setting this up.

Don
address@hidden                        P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me"    Roger Waters