Re: NCEP North American Reanalysis

Hi David,

I'm going to forward your message to our support staff who can provide more information about our GRIB to netCDF decoders. But, in the meantime, the Climate Diagnostic Center makes NCEP Reanalysis data available in netCDF form. If I understand it correctly you can access their data via complete file transfers such as FTP or you can get at portions of the data via client server protocols such as OPeNDAP and GDS.

<http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cdc/reanalysis/>

Hopefully that will get you started while we get you the decoder information in case you wish to go that route.

-- Ben