20040803: bigbird "archive" of Level II/III data

>From: Gerry Creager n5jxs <address@hidden>

Hi Gerry,

re: who should announce bigbird's archive of NEXRAD data

>I'll be glad to do so,

Sounds good.

>and it's also going to be the subject of an
>abstract to AMS.  Are you interested in being a coauthor?

Sure.  What do you want me to do?

re: loading McIDAS ADDE to serve data to the community remotely

>Still interested in that,

OK, I will add bigbird to the list of machines I am going to
upgrade.

>as well as adding OpeNDAP to the list.

OK.  I will talk to the DODS folks about this.

>What do you think about that?  That'd make a lot of the data
>browsable/selectable...

I think it is a great idea, AND a will be a big help to the community.
Thanks!

re: Anne is on vacation

>I was wondering if you'd recounted what all happened to me when I tried
>to take a 2-week vacation?  Might have convinced her it's more relaxing
>to stay at work!

She is unreachable by any means.  This is the secret to taking a vacation:
bring no electronic gadgets whatsoever!!!

>Thanks,

Later...

>From address@hidden  Tue Aug  3 17:31:11 2004

>Hi!

re: AMS abstract co-author; What do you want me to do?

>Let me get a first pass going tonight or tomorrow.  I'll run it past
>you, and you can see if there's anything we should add re: 2nd Tier,
>caching, or my current displays.  We have 'til Monday.  We should be
>able to get a good one out.

re: I will add bigbird to the list of machines I am going to install
McIDAS on

>Great!

re: I will talk to the DODS folks about this.

>OK.

re: Thanks for helping the community by serving data

>No problem!

re: Anne is unreachable by any means.