20040719: email to NOAA regarding access to SATEPS ADDE servers

>From:  Tiziana Cherubini <address@hidden>

Hi Tiziana,

>       I hope you still remember me.

Yes, of course.  Who could someone that has a name as cool as
Tiziana :-)  What origin is Tiziana?  My father's side of the
family is from Lithuania...

>As you realized from my
>previosu email I'm still struggling with 10bit satellite data
>(well I had to focus on some other higher priority task in
>between, so things have been delayed).

Yes, I figured that was why you were trying to contact Brian Hughes.

>Anyway, I set up the
>procedure to use mcidas in order to retrieve 10 bits satellite
>data from a Nasa ADDE server (Bill Lapenta's group) we've got
>the authorization for. Unfortunatly it seems like their data
>don't cover the all area that we would need,

That is too bad.  Is the NASA GOES ADDE server open to the public?
If yes, what is its fully qualified hostname?

>that's why I
>sent an email to Brian Hughes, as you suggested to do some time
>ago... let's hope that their data cover that part of the central
>pacific area that we need.

They have the full set of GOES-10 data, so you should be able to get
what you want.

>I hope you don't mind I put your name
>in CC in the email I just sent to Brian.

Not at all.  Brian is a friend of mine.

>Thanks again for all your useful advices.

No worries.  Please let me know if you need further nelp.