20040709: TeraScan data

>From:  Melanie Wetzel <address@hidden>

Hi Melanie,

>I am sending this to your own email address since I don't know if it
>is a Unidata support question...

No problem.

>You mentioned that the NCAR RAP GOES antenna was not functional.

I was told by JOSS folks that it was turned off due to security issues.
It was apparently turned back on, but there have been other outages.

>Do
>you happen to know if there is someone I could contact that might be
>willing and able to provide me with some older GOES data (Colorado
>region) in TeraScan format (from early January 2004)?

Aside from JOSS folks, I think you might have some luck getting the
data you want from the Southern Region Climate Center (SRCC) of LSU.
Here are two emails sent to ldm-users in April that talk about
availability of GOES data: