20040608: Archived GOES Data

>From: "Jimmy Adegoke" <address@hidden>

Jimmy,

>Institution: UMKC
>Package Version: 2003
>Operating System: Unix Solaris 9
>Hardware Information: Unix
>Inquiry: What is the current procedure for requesting archived GOES VIS and IR
>  data from Unidata? We need McIDAS compatible GOES-8 (East) data for several
> days between 1999 and 2001 for a research project here at UMKC.

The imagery that has been sent in the Unidata-Wisconsin datastream
(IDD feedtype UNIWISC aka MCIDAS) is available from the Data Center
at the University of Wisconsin-Madison/SSEC.

To get access to the data (if it exists), you need to send a request to
the SSEC Data Center <address@hidden> requesting that the images
you are interested be loaded from tape onto disk for FTPing.  After you
have received verification that the data was found and restored to
disk, you will FTP it as follows:

machine:   unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu
user:      XXXXXX
pass:      XXXXXX
directory: urequest/...

Please be specific in your request for the days of data you are
interested in.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas

>From address@hidden  Tue Jun  8 18:14:50 2004