20040202: Data at http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/

>From: "Arthur A. Person" <address@hidden>

Hi Art,

>We've noticed that there is a data repository located at
>http://motherlode.ucar.edu/unidata/ but that it requires password access.

That is correct.

>Are these data meant for public (.edu) use and if so, can the password be
>made available?

We give out the password sparingly after admonishing receipents that
the repository is not to be used as a replacement for real time data
ingestion through the IDD.  Even though we are somewhat uncomfortable
doing so, we reserve the right to block any user/site who abuses this
service (this _has_ happened).  Also, we request that the password not
be distributed within a site as this invariably leads to combined use
abuse.

Here is the information you need to access the data on motherlode:

pass: lotzodata

>Thanks.

No worries.

>Art.
>--
>Arthur A. Person
>Research Assistant, System Administrator
>Penn State Department of Meteorology
>email:  address@hidden, phone:  814-863-1563

Tom Yoksas