20040123: navigation problems with new GINI GOES sounder images

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Hi Barb,

I am not sure if I should continue to sent you reports like the one
included below, but since you were the correct contact in the past,
I am trying you first.

We have noticed that the GINI X and Y dimension increments contained
in the new GINI GOES sounder images are off by an order of magnitude.
The values I am speaking of are defined in the Interface Control
Document for AWIPS - NESDIS:

AH0130008 CH-2
August 1, 2002

Table 4.4A Product Deinition Block (PDB) (Header) - Lambert Conformal
and Polar Stereographic Projection

31-33   3-Byte Integer   Dx - the X dimension increment (see note 2)
34-36   3-Byte Integer   Dy - the Y dimension increment (see note 2)

NOTES - Table 4.4A

2. Increments are in units of tenths of meters, at the tangent
latitude (60 degrees latitude for Polar Stereographic) circle
nearest to the pole in the projection.

The values included in all of the new sounder images are currently
10159.  They should be ten times larger than this (101590 ?).

We believe that the first of the new sounder images that came across
NOAAPORT had correct values, since we could display and navigate
them correctly both in GEMPAK and McIDAS.  The images coming
across now, however, have the incorrect values.

Can you open a trouble ticket on this problem, or if someone else
should be contacted, give me the appropriate email address for
that person?

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas